DUDE. WHERE IS THE DRUMLINE. TRUST ME, IF THIS WERE LEGIT THE SNARELINE WOULD BE FUCKING DOING FLAMS AND DIDDLEDOS AND SHIT. AND THERE IS NO BASS DRUM, LET ALONE BASS RUNS. THOSE CYMBALS ARENT EVEN VERY STRATEGICALLY PLACED. THERE ARENT ANY TENORS. WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS. IT ISNT LEGIT. FUCK. NO. I GIVE UP. BYE.
- When Lily gets pregnant, they throw a huge party about it because they needed something to celebrate in this fucking war. James and Sirius get drunk and start suggesting names to Lily and Sirius keeps insisting, "don’t do that pureblood shit where they name ‘em after each other, but if yer gonna name ‘em after anyone, Sirius is a fucking star, so."
- When Lily goes into labor, yeah, Sirius is actually the only one there and its exactly like you think it goes where he’s trying to Floo the midwife and James at the same time and nearly dies from soot inhalation and accidentally Floos the Dearborns of all fucking people, while Lily just toddles out the door, wet pants and all, and asks the neighbor if she can use the Floo.
- In the next room Lily is screaming and James looks too terrified to open the door even though Remus keeps trying to push him forward and Sirius alternates between looking anxious and making comments about how the baby is going to be a little stag hybrid and maybe that’s why it seems like it hurts so much?? Eventually Lily lets out the scariest fucking guttural shriek for James that he can’t ignore, even though he probably wets his pants and Peter says a little prayer for him when he enters the room.
- Then there’s a baby and its the best fucking thing ever, holy shit Prongs how did your cock do that; for fucks sake Sirius don’t say cock in front of my son. They take turns holding him and it feels like making the Map, becoming Animagi, and using the Cloak for the first time all rolled in one, only better. Lily watches them and is so, so fucking happy that her baby has this many parents to love him and it makes her less nervous to have a baby in wartime.
- Baby Harry grins at Remus first and Remus feels so fucking relieved so some reason and he smiles back then Harry spits up a little and Remus hands the baby to Peter very quickly.
- Harry looks at Sirius with a blank, ruddy face because Sirius is just staring at him and still has soot all over his face and then Harry just reaches out and solemnly sticks his hand into Sirius’ nose and Sirius has never loved anything more than this, holy shit.
- They say, “Sirius, will you be Harry’s godfather?” and Sirius says “You named it Harry — wait, godfather?” And Sirius starts talking about making a baby seat for the motorbike and how he’s already got a tiny little broomstick ready for the kid and Merlin, when d’you think he’ll walk because I already reserved him for this babies dueling thing and —
- James start joking that maybe they should have made it Remus or Peter instead, but Lily just smiles and fucking knows this will be the most protected, well loved baby on earth.
- The other three make noises about James naming the kid after himself and insisting on calling him little pronglet or tiny bugger or squeaky nibblet or Lames spawn. They demand Lily and James have two more so they can each claim one and Lily just gives them this glare because my vagina is still bleeding right now you assholes give me a few months (she totally agrees though, thinks this could be the happiest little family if they can survive the damn war)
- Dumbledore is at their doorstep three hours later with this look on his face and he says, I’m so sorry but there’s something you must know and everyone kind of hates him for ruining everything so quickly.
- Lily holds her baby Harry and watches everyone pack up the house for her to go into hiding and still thinks her baby is so well protected, she’ll be damned if some Dark fucking Lord ruins that.
More Macklemore, less Robin Thicke.
And yet a huge percentage of Tumblr hates him. Not trying to be confrontational, but could someone please explain to me why this is?
Because he is a straight white guy and Tumblr isn’t always right.
Yup. A lot of people like to ignore all the good things he does simply because he is part of the privileged. Never mind that he flat out acknowledges this in Same Love. (“I may not be the same, but that’s not important.”)
BLESS YOUR SOULS.
BLESS YOUR FUCKING SOULS.
I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND THAT FUCKING A LOT OF TUMBLR HATES MACKLEMORE.
BECAUSE HONESTLY, HE WAS EVERYTHING THEY WERE COMPLAINING WHITE PEOPLE AREN’T AND NOW THAT THEY GOT A FUCKING ROLEMODEL THEY SUDDENLY COMPLAIN?????? BECAUSE HE’S WHITE?????
Macklemore grew up privileged, yes, but he understands the inequality and the disturbing gap between rich and poor. He has a song called White Privilege:
"Hiphop started off in a block that I’ve never been to
To counter act a struggle that I’ve never even been through
If I think I understand just because I flow too
That means I’m not keeping it true, nope.”
"But as I’m blessed with the privilege, they’re still left with the scars"
AND HAVE YOU HEARD HIS SONG CLAIMING THE CITY???
"I grew up on Capitol Hill,
With two parents and two cars.
They had a beautiful marriage, we even had a swing set in our yard.
My mom didn’t have a job, because my dad made enough money that we could live comfortably and he could support us.
Now, he commute to Tacoma, so we knew we be good.
But then I realized everybody looked just like me in my neighborhood.
I go to school, which was diverse.
But indeed us, I got sandwiches and Capri Suns well my friends ate their free lunch.
It’s crazy trying to look back, cause when I was growing up
I didn’t understand the fact was there’s something called a social status.
And my black friends wanted my financial bracket.
And then my city’s divided,
From neighborhood to neighborhood
We’re polarized but we claim we’re progressive.
The police shoot in the hood but never once in my residence.
As a white person been shot at we’d stopped in a Lexus.
And to think that we have claimed that so much has changed”
OH GOODNESS ME, HE’S SUCH AN ASSHOLE. HE’S SO PRIVILEGED GOD.
HOW ABOUT A WAKE???
"Don’t wanna be that white dude, million man marchin’
Fighting for our freedom that my people stole
Don’t wanna make all my white fans uncomfortable
But you don’t even have a fuckin’ song for radio
Why you out here talkin race, tryin’ to save the fuckin’ globe
Don’t get involved with the causes in mind
White privilege, white guilt, at the same damn time
So we just party like it’s nineteen ninety nine
Celebrate the ignorance while these kids keep dying.”
Tumblr needs to hop down off it’s high fucking horse and instead of turning against a potential role model and ally to all that they’ve been fucking preaching about JUST BECAUSE HE’S PRIVILEGED AND WHITE, maybe make him an icon because he’s not rapping about disrespecting women. He’s making a small change. But because he grew up with a well structured family environment and he was able to afford everything he desired, he’s suddenly the enemy.
Macklemore hate is proof that Tumblr’s brand of militant social justice is just made up of a bunch of people with either a victimization fetish and/or a hateful, angry heart seeking acceptable targets, and they then proceed to poison the people that really just want to do good, ultimately mangling a good cause beyond recognition.
And 99% of people who complain about the first lyric of “Same Love” have never actually listened beyond that. Somebody tells them “The song starts with ‘when i was in the third grade i thought that i was gay’” and they start clutching their pearls because surely the whole song is just some straight dude making lgbtqa rights all about him and how he thinks because he thought he was gay when he was eight he knows all about it. And maybe it’s not the best way to word the beginning of the song, BUT IF YOU ACTUALLY LISTEN OR READ BEYOND THAT it turns out it’s a segue into talking about ridiculous stereotypes and preconceived ideas about sexuality and questioning why someone would think it was a bad idea to be gay in the first place. And then it goes on to discuss the homophobia inherent in the music genre he’s a part of and calling his peers out on slurs and derogatory language and hypocrisy in religion, and it beautifully features Mary fucking Lambert, and goddammit I had trouble driving home when I first heard it in the car because I was fucking crying.
Macklemore is a privileged individual who consistently and vocally acknowledges his privileges and strives to use it to do legitimate good, which is everything Tumblr claims it wants, but as soon as he starts, they scream for him to shut up. Because their need to rage and scream and hate and wallow in willful ignorance is more important to them than seeing actual change take place anywhere in the world.
so glad i came across this post. you have to remember that tumblr :so called “activists” like to comment on anything that seems potentially bad, even if that means over-shadowing great points and progress that a lot of people, both gay and straight have wished for.
What’s up with the denny’s tumblr? Does a national restaurant chain really need to post such stupid stuff?
I came out to have a good time and I’m honestly feeling so attacked right now
grandpa what the fuck did you just do
Filed under: tv moments that ruined our lives
this fucking part bROKE ME
I HAVE THREE WORDS THAT WILL BRING JOY TO YOUR HEART:
little league quidditch
#all brooms fly like 3 feet off the ground#the bludgers are stuffed animals#keepers often get distracted by clouds#the seekers are better at playing tag than catching the snitch#games are over when it’s naptime